Department of Community Medicine
This is the highest over spread department of the
.Apart from the in-house department at IMS building the appendages of
department are at
- Rural Health and Training Centre
(RHTC), Chiraigaon, the best RHTC so
far in India.
- Urban Health Centre, Sunderpur
covering about 5000 population in slum
areas of Varanasi, Medical College of India
- The Community Health Centre,
Narayanpur and Tikari provide care for prior born population of Varanasi.
These centres are unique to the Community Medicine Department of IMS,
- Centre for Population Education
Extension and Research (CPERE) as a special centre of UGC planning to
cover entire Varanasi district with 80 satellite convergence units.
- The Deptt. has special division
of Biostatistics which is seen in only few